Okay we know, how dare we talk about summer coming to an end. Hear us out though because we really are just trying to help us all end the season the right way.
The majority of us plan too much, do too much, and volunteer our time to too many things in the summer because we don't want to waste a single minute, we get it, but then we are left feeling almost drained after so many social interactions and over committing ourselves. It's so easy to get swept up in the fast pace of summer and in constantly feeling like we need to be doing something to enjoy it, that we let it speed by and are left feeling like we blinked and it is gone without us even soaking it in.
We want to share our favourite ideas for making the most of the last few weeks of summer so you can go into fall feeling refreshed and lit up.
1. Spend as much time in nature as possible - Nature is the quickest and easiest way to ground yourself, and feel refreshed. Go for a walk, a hike, to the beach, whatever feels good for you and just soak it all in.
2. Take a digital detox - It's not always the easiest thing to do, especially if you work from home, but if you're taking some time off over the next few weeks try to go phone and laptop free for as long as you can and just be present with yourself and the people in front of you. We let our devices consume us so much, and we make ourselves way too accessible, it's important to take a break once in while.
3. Do something that you've never done before - It's so easy to get caught in our routine and in the things we always do but adventure and new experiences are good for the soul!
4. Waste some time without any guilt - Spend a day just doing nothing, be lazy, relax, take a nap, just let yourself enjoy silence for once, it's like the quote “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
5. Watch a sunrise and a sunset - It doesn't have to be the same day but try to do both at least once, we let our days pass by in a blur way without appreciating the little things far too often.
6. Soak up as much sun as possible - Summer won't be here forever, it's important to get outside and enjoy the sun as much as we can while it's still warm out. This is especially important if you live in BC because we all know that winter is a tough one when it comes to sun and natural vitamin D intake.
7. Create a new fun routine - Try doing something with your days that you don't normally do, mix it up and have fun!
8. Eat all the ice cream and FREEZIES - Now is the time to eat all the cool frozen treats! We've got you covered. You can use the code "AUGUSTTASTER" to save 10% off our Freezie Tasting Packs for the rest of the summer!
Enjoy - @Tubify Team