Fruit is literally medicine and nourishment given to us directly from the earth, just think about it, when fruit is ripe it literally falls from the tree or bush it was growing on to signal that it is ready to be consumed and pass its gift of nourishment along to us.
Fruits contain an incredible variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that promote good health, hydration and even contain healing properties.
Fruit is a superfood in itself, and today we want to share with you 10 of the healthiest fruits on the planet (the list is honestly endless though)!
1. Grapefruit - High source of vitamin c and minerals, and it is known for its ability to aid weight loss and reduce insulin resistance. It has also been shown to reduce cholesterol levels and help prevent kidney stones.
2. Pineapple - Just 1 cup of pineapple provides 131% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for vitamin C and 76% of the RDI for manganese, and it contains bromelain, a mixture of enzymes known for its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to digest protein. (We use them in our Mango Tiger Freezie)
3. Avocado - This is actually a fruit which some people are not even aware of, avocados are high in a fat called oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat linked to reduced inflammation and better heart health, they are also very high in potassium, fiber and magnesium.
4. Apples - An apple a day right? Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and vitamin K. They also provide some B vitamins, and the antioxidants in apples can promote heart health and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
5. Blueberries - Extremely high in antioxidants which help defend against oxidative stress and viral infection in the body, they are also high in fibre, vitamins c and k, and manganese.
6. Mango - A great source of vitamin C and soluble fibre and they have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce the risk of disease. (We use them in our Mango Tiger Freezie)
7. Strawberries - Very high in vitamin C, manganese, folate and potassium, and they are low on the glycemic index so they don't spike blood sugar too much.
8. Pomegranate - Contain powerful plant compounds and the antioxidant levels have been shown to be three times higher than the ones in green tea and red wine.
9. Lemons - High in vitamin c and very beneficial for heart health due to their potential to lower blood lipids and blood pressure. They also promote PH balance as they are an acidic fruit but actually turn alkaline when they enter the body. (We use them in our Raspberry Raven Lemonade Freezie)
10. Limes - Contain a ton of vitamin c and antioxidants, and help boost immunity, reduce heart disease risk factors, prevent kidney stones, aid iron absorption, and promote healthy skin. (We use them in our Minty Moose Limeade Freezie)
We hope this sheds some light on why we use organic fruit in all of our freezies, and shows you that healthy, nutritious food CAN and SHOULD taste really good!
Enjoy - @Tubify