Lemon water is definitely trendy but in the wellness world, trendy doesn't necessarily always mean it is actually beneficial. Lemon water though is definitely not one of those fad trends, it actually has a ton of benefits!
We're even going as far as to say that it is something you should be incorporating into your morning routine every single day.
1. Hydration - Starting your day with lemon water starts you off on the right (hydrated) foot, listen we love our morning cup of coffee just as much as the next person but it's actually super important that you hydrate yourself adequately prior to caffeinating because coffee is extremely dehydrating.
2. Promotes PH Balance - Even though lemons are technically acidic, they actually become alkaline when they enter the body and therefor help to reduce acidity and promote PH balance.
3. Source of Vitamin C - Citrus fruits like lemons are high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
4. Good for the Skin - Vitamin C found in lemons may help reduce skin wrinkling, dry skin from aging, and damage from the sun and water is hydrating for the skin.
5. Helps with Digestion - Drinking warm or hot lemon water when you wake up may help get your digestive system moving properly as acid helps break down food.
6. Freshens Breath - Lemon is thought to stimulate saliva and water also helps prevent a dry mouth which can lead to bad breath caused by bacteria.
7. Prevents Oxidization - Lemons contain phytonutrients, which protect your body against disease.
8. Helps Prevent Kidney Stones - The citric acid in lemons may help prevent kidney stones.
Lemon Water Pro Tip:
Our favourite way to enjoy lemon water in the morning is with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt for added minerals and to help balance electrolytes, and a piece of fresh ginger to help with inflammation and boost the immune system! Just combine these ingredients with the juice of 1/3 of a lemon and some warm water, easy as can be.
Try adding this into your routine every day for a week and see how you feel. If you want to share your results with us, send us a DM on Instagram, we would love to hear from you!
Enjoy - @Tubify